Sunday, March 14, 2010

Am I all about numbers?

I went to Home Cliff yesterday to meet-up with Andrew who was bouldering. However, I didn't really know where I was going so I took all my gear just in case bouldering did not workout. This turned out to be a good decision. After some walking I ended up at Home Cliff's main wall to find several groups of climbers. Surprisingly I knew a couple of them so I got a toprope and a couple easy trad climbs in on a 5.3 choss pile.

So far I have mixed feelings about this year's outdoor climbing. On the plus side I have lead a couple easy routes on gear which is something I wanted to do last year. However, in the back of my mind there is a voice telling me I should be getting on 5.11 sport and that I'm not climbing hard enough. Just thinking about it makes me worry about losing ground on last years progress. I guess part of the problem is finding a belay partner who has the same goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment