Sunday, May 30, 2010

L'argent pour un jour

Jason, Pete, Andrew and I took a day trip to climb the solid granite lines at Montagne d'Argent. On arrivial we decided to hit up the Grand Canyon which can be accessed by either climbing the stairs or 35 meter 5.3 slab. The slab is actually pretty fun and it was interesting to see what climbing with a pack full of gear was like.

I started my day in the Grand Canyon on a 22 meter 5.7 trad climb called Triplets. The guide shows two bolts but they don't exist. Anyway, I got most of the way up when I ran out of large gear. I really needed another #1 or #2 camlot. After deciding against putting myself in a position to take a 30 footer I downclimbed and traversed to a sport route. So with a less than stellar performance under my belt I decided to lead Mauvaise Herbe. This is a 5.10d with 6 bolts which is one more than the guidebook states. I climbed it but not well or clean. Although, after resting I sent it clean on TR. Now at this point in the day I was looking for redemption so I picked, the familar, Pathfinder 5.10c. Finally, a redpoint. All in all a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment