Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Mills

While passing through Kingston this past weekend I hooked up with Gen for some climbing at the Mills. I used to toprope at the Mills when I lived in Ktown since there are so few sport routes and I did not have trad gear at the time. So, I thought it would be fun to lead a number of the climbs on the main face. To warm up I lead the right corner which is 5.4. It was a little damp from the rain the night before so I took it slow. The gear was interesting too. This is not a climb for cams and it took some looking to get a quality nut placement. Next up, was a 5.5 face climb with a gear rating of "fair". Perhaps "fair" = "no fall" because I found the first 12 m difficult to protect. The climbing was not hard but it was a head game for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment