Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shut down at Eastern Block

When out to Eastern Block in the late afternoon today to clip bolts. I warmed up on the unnamed 5.8 and then tried to lead Temptation. The first bolt is hard to clip but can be marginally protected by two C3 placements, #0 and #1 side by side. The moves felt awkward and I took a couple falls at the crux. Since day light was not at a premium I decide to try Death by Maboola instead.

After a sketchy first clip and a small fall above that it was time to let others climb. Matt led up Mr Clean and put TRs on Temptation and Death. I did Death on TR. Now I remember why I dislike that climb; painful sustained crimping. F to Death.

Time to refuel with dinner and hit the gym. Hopefully I have enough finger tip skin left.

No comments:

Post a Comment