Friday, April 29, 2011

New Harness

The leg loop on my Petzl Harness is pretty much done and has been for awhile so it was time to get a new harness. I thought about getting another Petzl Adjama. My current Adjama is a medium which is really too big unless I crank the waist down to the smallest it can go. However, when I tried on the small today the waist was too small for my liking; the waist buckle did not overlap on to the padding. So I looked to other brands. After trying on several others and hanging in them on MEC's climbing wall I went with the Camp Air CR.

The Camp Air CR is about 2/3 the weight of the Adjama. That is, there is less padding and the webbing is narrower. Time will tell if this will be a comfort issue with the first test run being tomorrow at Montagne d'Argent.

No comments:

Post a Comment