Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Yosemite Bum

On July 14th I mailed two pairs of TC Pros to Yosemite Bum for resoling. I received an email July 20th that my shoes were resoled and had been shipped by USPS.  My package arrived on August 2nd. With a very reasonable turn around time this resole experience was going so far so good. Unfortunately one pair came with an obvious defect in the rubber on the toe of the shoe.  I was hoping Yosemite Bum would address this issue in a timely manner. On August 2nd I sent the following email:



Hi Yosemite bum,

I receive my two pairs of resoled TC Pros today with one pair looking great. Unfortunately the other pair came with a 1 cm long and 3mm deep gash in the toe (see attached photo). The cut is not on the seam and perhaps was just a defect in the rubber? From a shipping cost point of view (approx $30 one way), I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada, I do not
think it makes sense to send the pair back to get this fixed. Could you offer a partial refund on the one pair? On the upside both pairs still fit well.


Thank you,
David Tyner




As of August 8th my email has gone unanswered,  so I sent follow up email sent this evening.

Hello Yosemite bum,
I'm contacting you as a follow up to my previous unanswered questions sent on August 2, please see below. I look forward to receiving your reply and resolving this issue.

David Tyner


As of now I'm still awaiting Yosemite Bum's response.


Update, August 9th: Yosemite Bum is refunding $27 of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment