Monday, September 9, 2013

Calabogie bouldering


I was out bouldering a Calabogie on Sunday; enjoying the fine fall weather with Pete, Iris and Hedy. I believe this was my third trip the boulders and this time I decided to go for volume until I found something to work on. I ticked a good number of easy problems.

The Pinnacle Gnome V0- : Definitely stand on "the summit"
Not a Jedi Yet V0- : Easy slab warm up
Big Blue Ox V0- : Short, like 5.5 climbing
Unnamed V0- : Some new line on the chief boulder
White Buffalo V0: More like 5.8 climbing
Westward Ho V0 : Worth doing, easy top-out
Flight of Fancy V1: Easy slab
Bloody Kristal Direct V2: This seemed way over graded at V2, V1 at most.
Skull-Fucking Bunnies V3: The top of the boulder is a mess so downclimb this one.
Scratching Post Direct V3: Took a couple tries to find "the right" feet for me, nice problem.
Meanie V3: I did it twice because hand jams are fun (use tape)
Solid Ether V4: A much better line than Bunnies, downclimb Bunnies.
The Orbital Traverse V4: EasyV4? I don't know, I flashed this.
Orbital Insertion V4: Another easy V4? I messed up the flash, second try.
Trade Route to India V5: This took many tries (15+) to workout the beta and body position. This was my last problem of the day; I'm glad I stuck around to finish it. A must do problem and the top-out is easy if you can get there

1 comment:

  1. Cool, thanks for documenting your thoughts on the problems. Always looking for opinions in refining the grades for the next topo update!

    ReplyDelete