Thursday, May 15, 2014

Montagne d'Argent 2014, trip 1

Matt, Andrew, Frank, and I climbed at Montagne d'Argent last Sunday with fantastic weather and
Antre du Dragon all to ourselves. I seemed to have more energy than I expected and managed to climb 4 routes.

L'ecaille du dragon 5.8, 3 bolts and gear 25m - Definitely an aesthetic climb and a nice warm-up with a fun mantle onto the top of the flake.

La Griffon 5.9-, 3 bolts, 25m - I climbed this on TR.

La Saint-Georges 5.10b, gear, 20m - Since this climb is usually wet (at least when I've be there) I was surprised to see it in a mostly dry state. I blew my onsight attempt by committing to a bad sequence of hands and feet after wasting too much time/energy placing gear (the crack is rather irregular in spots). I should be able to get it next time. Gear wise two C4 #3s and #4s are handy.  
 
Titanicomanie. 5.8 mixed route with 3 bolts (Grand Canyon)  -  After 3 bolts this is a long easy crack route that could use a cleaning on the upper slabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment